WHAT IS THE “AWAKENING PROCESS”?
Awakening is an ongoing process, a verb that ultimately leads to freedom, peace of mind and happiness in daily living. Embodied or integrated Awakening is sometimes described as enlightenment or the spiritual evolution and embodiment of Consciousness.
The Urban Dictionary defines Spiritual Awakening as a shift in consciousness, a perception of reality which had been previously unrealized. The culmination of such realizations is in the recognition of Self as all that is.
The Awakening Process has been described in many ways including, “Self Realization”, the “Ascension Process”, or “Kundalini Awakening”. These terms suggest that, through a transformative process, we wake up from our sense of limitation, lack, and separation into the realization and embodiment of “Higher Self”.
Higher Self realization has been described by many terms throughout time and cultures. Although any name we use only serves as a pointer to that which is beyond concepts and language to define, here are just a few:
- Ground of Being
- Ultimate Reality
- Truth Self with a capital “S”,
- All that IS
- Higher Power
- The Universe, and many more!!!!
“Awakening Process” Resource Guide
The following list of general resources has provided useful inspiration and support on my path of Awakening. It’s offered here as a springboard to encourage you to explore and discover sources of support and inspiration just right for you. If you are a Coach or Holistic Practitioner the list is offered as a resource to share with clients.
language to define, here are just a few:
- 1. Buddha at the Gas Pump: http://wwww.batgap.com A favorite site to learn from others about their Awakening Process. Over 500 interviews to explore!
- 2. Conscious TV: http://conscious.tv Another favorite (UK based) channel with a mission to explore topics such as Consciousness, Science, Nonduality and Spirituality
- 3. Earthing: http://www.earthing.com An important reminder about how important it is to “touch the earth”.
- 4. Insight Timer: http://www.insighttimer.com One of several free meditation Apps I recommend
- 5. Science and Nonduality Site: http://www.scienceandnonduality.com The SAND (Science & Nonduality) Conference brings together some of the brightest minds in science, along with spiritual teachers from various traditions and artists, in a quest to expand and deepen our understanding and experience of our relational nature through the two lenses of science and spirituality.
- 6. Thomas Huebl: http://www.thomashuebl.com/academy-inner-science/ As a senior student of this work, this resource is offered here as a reminder about the importance of mentors and spiritual community at some phases of the Awakening Process.
- 7. Adyashanti: https://beingunlimited.org A favorite podcast series with Adyashanti, a trusted spiritual teacher
- 8. Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-6KN_yim2VGOiKL8sH1nA/featured “Super Soul Conversations” podcast with Oprah
- 9. The Kundalini Process: http://www.awakeningguide.com/non-dual-book-list This link is to a book list compiled by Bonnie Greenwell an American Nonduality teacher who specializes in what she calls the” Kundalini Process”.
Our intention is for this Resource Guide to evolve!
We welcome your contributions to the development of this Resource List!
Contact us at with your suggestions!!