Life is about love. I care for myself and others
Pathway number six is the Archetype of the
Symbols for number 6
This article is dedicated to an exploration of “PATHWAY 6”:
RELATIONSHIPS, activation of the Number “6” Archetype and its specific gifts, powers, challenges, and opportunities to evolve within each person, within YOU!!
In the study of numbers as Archetypes, the Number “6” symbolizes our capacity to experience love and intimacy in our relationships with self, others, the Earth, and the Divine. The Number “6” path of development empowers us to stay connected with our love and compassion, to develop the courage and capacity to live from an open heart, to nurture our connections responsibly, and to be of service in our communities.
The six-pointed star
The Six Pointed Star, a symbol of Number “6”, is called a hexagram.
Many cultures and religions throughout time have used the six-pointed star in their symbolism. One example is the generally recognized symbol of Judaism and Jewish identity, the STAR OF DAVID. Another example from the Hindu tradition is the symbol for the heart chakra. To read more, go HERE.
The heart chakra
Anahata or, the heart chakra is the fourth primary chakra, according to Hindu Yogic, Shakta, and Buddhist Tantric traditions. In Sanskrit, Anahata means “unhurt, unstruck, and unbeaten”. Anahata Nad refers to the Vedic concept of unstruck sound (the sound of the celestial realm). Anahata is associated with balance, calmness, and serenity.
The Heart Chakra or Anahata is related to the thymus, located in the chest. The thymus is an element of the immune system as well as part of the endocrine system.
Key issues involving Anahata involve complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love, equilibrium, rejection, and well-being. Physically, Anahata governs circulation. Emotionally it governs unconditional love for the self and others, mentally it governs passion, and spiritually it governs devotion.
The “heart shape” (♥) is an ideograph used to express the idea of the “heart” in its metaphorical or symbolic sense as the center of emotion, including affection and love, especially (but not exclusively) romantic love. To learn about the history of this heart symbol, click here.
“LOVE” by John Lennon
I remember listening to the song “Love” by John Lennon (originally released in 1970 on the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band album) as a young teen and feeling the essence of romantic love long before I experienced it. I remember thinking about and imagining how stunningly beautiful this kind of love must be. I wanted to experience this special kind of love and intimacy so much that I “waited” to become sexually active until I knew without a doubt that I was “in love”.
I fell in love with the minister’s son and experienced what felt like a fairy tale love affair that included marriage at age 18, the birth of my son soon after, and some time ‘living off the grid’ on 80 acres of land in Oregon. My vision was for our love to be adventurous, creative, fun and free like John and Yoko’s.
This YouTube video has some precious film clips of John and Yoko living love together.
When an individual has developed a balanced and mature 6 archetype expressions can include the following:
- I am attuned to the highest vibration of unconditional love
- I am happiest when relating with others
- I enjoy spending time with family and friends
- I am responsible
- People know they can count on me to follow through
- I am dependable and trustworthy
- I am responsible to take good care of myself to care for others to my full capacity
- I prioritize self-care
- I experience joy and pleasure in taking care of others
- I am very nurturing
- I like to cultivate a comfortable nurturing home environment
- I want to be sure that everyone has what they need to be nourished and comfortable
- I value providing for the material needs to be met
- I am drawn to situations where it is possible to experience closeness and intimacy with others
- I am naturally empathetic
- I am romantic
- I enjoy experiencing and expressing every form of loving
- I value and respect the efforts of others to tend to their families and communities
- I like to contribute as a compassionate advocate for the field of our interconnectivity
- I especially care for children, elders, and animals
- I am responsible
- I adapt to the constantly changing feelings and needs of others
- I have the higher goal of family or group unity in mind
- I always root for the underdog
- I know what is a relatively ‘right’ choice to make and am deeply offended when I see or experience injustice
- I am deeply disturbed when I see suffering in others
- I know that, even if I cannot physically help, that I can be a space of love and light in the world where I am
- I can keep hope alive through practicing compassion and loving presence
- I am a natural teacher
- I am capable of providing everything that one would for a child, at a more transpersonal level for my community
- When others are in my presence they feel safe and important
- I see the beauty and the best in others and love this so much that it brings these qualities out in them
- The beauty and grace of my energy and movement through life are harmonizing presences in my Life Purpose
- I can be idealistic in a way that is fresh and pure
- My compassionate presence and true concern for the well-being and comfort of others makes me an excellent healer
When an individual has an undeveloped Number “6” Archetype, attributes can include the following expressions:
- I give too much and then feel angry and resentful
- I blame the people I over-give to when they don’t like the outcome
- I love others but have a hard time including myself in the scope of my loving
- I struggle to accept and love myself unconditionally
- I dislike or hate myself
- I resist responsibility in relationship with myself and with others
- I resist giving long-term commitment, fearing that I will become trapped
- I don’t always follow through with what I promise others
- I’m overly responsible and take on the responsibility of others
- Caring for others feels like a burden
- My associations with marriage, home, and family are not pleasant so I avoid engaging
- I can open my heart to animals but not people
- I want to love others freely and to live with my heart open but instead, my heart feels shut down and defended
- I have a sense of distorted idealism and expect others to live up to my ideals
- I am critical and judgmental of myself and others
- It’s difficult for me to have empathy or see things from another person’s perspective
- I can be controlling
- I have difficulty making the constant adjustments required to stay in harmony with family members
- I can hold a grudge
- I find forgiveness a concept that I understand with my head but not my heart
- I can be overly self-focused and disassociated with the impact of my energy and behavior in the lives of others, especially the ones I am closest to
- I can be cold-hearted and not care when others are hurting
- I may do the right and caring thing, but inside I’m critical of the situation
- I believe that I am superior to others
- I believe that I am less than others
EXEMPLARS OF THIS ARCHETYPE:
Aphrodite is a goddess of love. In my mind, the beautiful, healing, erotic, life-affirming energy of this goddess is so desirable, sensual, and pure that just to be in her presence will inspire even the most seriously closed heart to burst open and rejoice in the sweetness and beauty of feeling LOVE.
My dear friend Pamela has the Life Purpose Archetype represented by the Number “6”. She demonstrates many of the gifts and capacities of someone whose life is dedicated to the expression of love, intimacy in relationships, and being of service.
As a girl and a young adult, Pamela was motivated by a strong sense of desire to care for those close to her as well as for other people, and also for animals. She had a great passion for horses and spent time endlessly taking care of them, grooming, washing, and cleaning their stalls. Being with and caring for horses filled her heart with a deeply fulfilling sense of joy and so much LOVE! She couldn’t get enough of it!
During her mid-twenties, Pamela woke up to a conscious sense of purpose through a spiritual awakening. She came to understand her mission on earth was to share the love with people, but not in a personal way. Even though the personal dimension of sharing love was also very important to Pamela, she realized that her mission was to share the essence of LOVE itself with others.
For many years her sense of purpose came alive as a teacher and facilitator of Ecstatic and Trance Dance. She enjoyed nurturing and educating others about dance at the community level. Pamela provided the structure and protection for groups of dancers, and like a mother bear, she protected the space so people could participate in this spiritual practice of dance and have amazing experiences without disruptions.
As Pamela tuned into Divine Love through her spiritual practices of singing, praying, and dancing with the Goddess, a heart’s desire and calling to embody this Divine Feminine energy by becoming a mother awoke in her very powerfully!
Pamela felt like she woke up to another level of her Life Purpose as she had fully arrived when she gave birth to her daughter, Leilani. Now she felt truly useful and like she was finally doing what she was supposed to do!
Teaching and caring for her community was fulfilling, but birthing and caring for a baby was the ultimate, ultimate, peak experience for Pamela during which heaven and earth came together as one in her experience.
As Leilani grew, Pamela’s desire to be with and care for her daughter and other girls in her community increased. This calling to contribute came from her connection with the Divine Feminine and her understanding of sacred sexuality as a sacred part of creation.
Pamela with her daughter Leilani, and friend Carly, work on an art project during a MAIDEN SPIRIT meeting
Her desire to support her daughter and other girls on the verge of a new way of being as they experienced puberty took the form of training to become a MAIDEN SPIRIT Mentor. It was important to Pamela’s sense of Life Purpose to bring sacredness into girls’ lives and bodies so they can respect and love and cherish themselves. She spent many years facilitating Maiden Spirit circles for her community.
Pamela’s home is essential as her foundation. She needs a home base and to have a loving family to care for to be grounded and balanced. She spends a lot of time with family and taking care of her home as a crucial part of her life.
Pamela has come to realize that taking care of herself is a responsibility as important as the care of others and the animals around her. She does this by connecting with loved ones and with healers, by moving her body in dance, and by being kind to her body. She is sensitive to whatever she feels she needs most at the moment and then she makes this a practice.
Leilani and her horse: Like mother, like daughter….both love horses!
Being around people who don’t care for themselves is difficult and painful for Pamela. Witnessing the suffering in people and animals and feeling helpless is very hard for her.
Through her connection with Divine Love, she finds so much help and unending amounts of love, and she can meet the suffering of others in a way that feels right.
Pamela wants her days to be filled with love and service to a greater purpose, to be able to uplift humanity and bring more love and care into the world!
Pamela’s daughter Leilani is one of my goddaughters of the heart. When I visit Pamela’s home I always feel completely enveloped in a field of grace, true love, safety, appreciation, and respect. She takes good care of me! It sure is great having a friend whose Life Purpose is a Number “6”!
Activation practice for Pathway Six super power
Shift your focus to a state of deep inner receptivity; close your eyes; bring awareness to the rise and fall of your chest as you breathe in and out. With each exhale, tune in more consciously to the part of you that knows what it feels like to be grounded and stable in your body, mind, emotions, and spiritual connection.
Take several deep breaths and as you do, imagine yourself floating in a warm tropical saltwater pool. The water is so buoyant that you can effortlessly float on your back. Your arms are open wide and with each breath, you relax even more fully into the sensation of being held and very gently rocked on the water.
Above you, the sun is shining and the sunlight penetrates your body with a gentle warmth… it becomes easier to breath more deeply as tense muscles unwind… Your chest is relaxing… all the small muscles between your ribs are softening with each breath.
You are becoming aware of not only the sensations on your body but also the energy of your heart chakra, your energetic and emotional heart center.
Imagine your heart as a rose.
What color is your heart rose? What stage of the opening is your rose in? Is it a bud? Is it just beginning to swell and open? Is it in half bloom, is it in full bloom? Just notice what is true. The degree that your heart is open is just perfect for this time, place, and concerning circumstances in your life. Practice unconditional love and compassion for your own heart.
Continue breathing the fresh, relaxing air and sensing the warmth of the water and the sun on your skin. Invite the spiritual light from above to pour directly into the rose in your heart. Open your heart to receive this light and love from the Divine.
Allow the energy of unconditional loving-kindness and compassion to pour into and through your heart. This luminous love light is streaming into every molecule of your body and every dimension of your being.
Continue bathing in the love light and let your heart receive whatever it needs right now for balance and rejuvenation for as long as you like.
Your entire system is becoming more energized and vital with each breath as you become more consciously related to the Source of LOVE. Notice how you feel when your heart is in the receiving mode and when the energy of your love is circulating freely.
Tune in to the Cosmic Care Provider Archetype within you and notice what shifts in your attitude and body when you do.
Invoke all the superpowers of Number “6” including the ability to move freely through the relational field in life, to deeply love and care, to honor this responsibility, and to feel the joy and fulfillment of being of service.
Take a few final deep breaths floating in this pool of heart light. Know that soon, you will complete this meditation, and your heart will shine like the sun into the world of all those you care for as you go about your day or evening.
Complete this activation with this statement: Life is all about love. I care for myself and others.
I have a high level of sensitivity to the feelings and needs of others and automatically respond.
When I wake up each morning my sense of responsibility drives me to go outside to fed the birds, then feed all my pets and anyone else inside my home before I can relax and enjoy my morning tea.
I’m the dolphin mother who spends the first 3-4 years of my calf’s life teaching her how to play, how to communicate, how to find food. I help her find her place in the pod, and even tell her, her name.
I am the aging, decaying, trunk of the tree that toppled long ago, providing a nourishing environment for tree seedlings to take root, grow and flourish.
It’s my mission in life to see to other people’s comfort and well-being, and have to remember to take care of my own needs as well.
I go where I am called to deliver medical services, medicines, and most importantly, compassionate care to those in need.
I take great joy providing nourishing and great tasting meals to my friends and family.
I am your Mom-Favorite Teacher-Cherished Mentor who always made you feel you were capable of anything, that no challenge was insurmountable, and fed your soul with a rich creamy mixture of self-esteem building soup.
Everything I do for my own wellbeing, nourishment, pleasure, and comfort, is much more fun and rewarding if I am doing it for someone else.
I am your life partner who loves you unconditionally and considers making you feel cherished and special as something of an art form.
My fundamental aspiration is to be an expression of love and care where ever I go.
Love is what I’m here for.