Symbols of Pathway Number 1
“The number 1 is symbolized by a point of awareness- the Genesis, the first spark of energy emerging from the Original Source. Number 1 is the fist energy that has been chosen to seek experience and establish an identity. Number 1 stands alone, and is independent and original, the start of any production”. (Reference 1).
In Sacred Geometry, the number 1 can be symbolized by a sphere, circle, point or straight line:
The Sphere: “The sphere is an ultimate expression of unity, completeness, and integrity. There is no point of view given greater or lesser importance, and all points on the surface are equally accessible and regarded by the center from which all originate. Atoms, cells, seeds, planets, and globular star systems all echo the spherical paradigm of total inclusion, acceptance, simultaneous potential and fruition, the macrocosm and microcosm.”
The Circle: The circle is a two-dimensional shadow of the sphere which is regarded throughout cultural history as an icon of the ineffable oneness; the indivisible fulfillment of the Universe. All other symbols and geometries reflect various aspects of the profound and consummate perfection of the sphere/circle.
The circle as a symbol of the Self
As I interpret the Circle: The circle also represents the journey from the great Oneness through incarnation to develop a distinct individuated “I AM”.
Centered within the center of the circle of your Self you can experience unlimited potential and infinite possibility. From this field of possibility you will have creative original thoughts and ideas that will find meaning and form in your lives.
The line as a symbol of the Self
As I interpret the Line: During a recent meditation I discovered that “1” is can be found within your very own body. It’s your backbone! The spine and central core channel of our energy body is the Number “1” embodied. It literally gives you the structure that allows you to stand for yourself.
- I AM
- I need
- I want
- I will
- I am independent
- I am responsible for my energy and my life
- I take what I need
- I take my place
- I have a choice
- I am in Leadership of my own life…
- I can lead others
- I act from Higher Self
- I am an original creative thinker
- I am free to be unique and different
- I know the Masculine or Yang principle is active in me
- I am willing to take imperfect action
- I make decisions fast
- I move into action
- I am a pioneer
- I love to blaze trails
- I don’t know who I am
- I don’t know what I want or need
- I am certain others are better than I am
- I want others to tell me what to do
- I am critical of myself
- I feel insecure and compare myself with others
- I feel unworthy
- I have low self-esteem and no self-confidence
- I look outside myself for guidance and direction and approval
- I can’t stand up for myself
- I blame, complain and believe others are responsible for my experiences
- I hold back from expressing my opinions
- I have trouble making decisions
- I am overly self-focused and have difficulty empathizing with others
EXEMPLARS OF THIS ARCHETYPE:
My friend Cheryl
This is my friend Cheryl who has the #1 as her Life Purpose Archetype. When I met Cheryl she was working as a manicurist and the chemicals associated with this profession were making her sick. She went to a sweat lodge ceremony and prayed to the Great Spirit to be given a new vision of a new business and work that were more honoring of her self. In the Lodge she received clear guidance to “Start a bead store”. The truth is, at the time, Cheryl didn’t even know how to bead!!! However, being a “1” and loving to blaze new trails, Cheryl started her journey to manifest a bead store. Not only did she manifest “My Tyme Beads”, a successful store that sells fantastic beads, she went on to be an incredible bead artist. Being her own boss suited Cheryl’s need for independence and the innovative way she ran her business, according to a daily practice of spiritual guidance, was a perfect expression of the “1”.
An example of a mythical character who represents Number “1” for me is the goddess Artemis/Diana. Artemis is often referred to as ‘the virgin goddess’. She is virgin in the sense that she is forever whole and complete within herself. Artemis is sovereign in the leadership of her life in the forest that she protects with her bow and arrow. She is a powerful huntress who knows what she needs and wants, and she takes aim and goes for it! The Diana of Versailles is a slightly over lifesize marble statue of the Greek goddess Artemis (Latin: Diana), with a deer, located in the Musée du Louvre, Paris. It is a Roman copy (1st or 2nd century AD) of a lost Greek bronze original attributed to Leochares, c. 325 BC.
An Activation Practice for Pathway 1
You can activate the gifts and powers of the Number 1 Archetype both at will and when needed!!!
For example, a great time to invoke the Number 1 could be in a situation when you are struggling to know and stay connected with your own truth in the face of strong-willed others. Activating the Number 1 Archetype of Leadership will strengthen your will and Higher Self alignment.
Here is the method for activating Archetype Number 1:
- Shift into a state of deep inner receptivity and imagine yourself standing in the center of a circle or sphere.
- Feel the strength of the line of energy moving through your spine as you stand tall and emanate your unique essential self until the sphere is full of your energy.
- Take a deep and conscious breath into your strength to empower your self.
- Tune in to the essence of your “I AM” and all of the gifts and power that the Number 1 represents.
- Acknowledge your ability to host creative original thoughts and ideas.
- Feel your leadership capacity growing even stronger.
- Tap into the power of your will to translate your ideas into inspired actions.
- Complete this activation by repeating the words, “I CAN, I WILL, I AM”.
I am the bloom that flowers on the bush still barren of leaves in mid-winter-the first harbinger of spring.
I am the precocious child who herds all the other children into line, even when I’m not in front.
I am the great aunt, you know, the one everyone calls eccentric (with air quotes), who always seems to be in style, even when I clearly, am not.
I am the lead goose in the V formation honking loudly to keep the flock flying in the right direction.
I am the plethora of firsts: First woman to graduate from high school in her family; first black psychologist in the city; first to climb Mt. Everest; first transatlantic flight; first female jockey to win the Triple Crown; first to walk on the moon, first woman prime minister, and coming soon to a White House near you, first woman president of the USA.
I am the mother or father who lives the life I want my children to positively learn from.
I am the one who leans into my sense of Purpose and inspires you to lean into yours; who encourages you to follow your heart and to lead others to follow theirs.
- Numerology: Spiritual Light Vibrations (in Paperback – July 8, 2014),
by Ms Jeanne Morris (Author);
- Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook: Universal Dimensional Patterns (Spiral-bound – January 1, 1997)by Bruce Rawles (Author, Illustrator), Nancy Bolton-Rawles (Illustrator)
- The Only Astrology Book You’ll Ever Need Kindle Edition by Joanna Martine Woolfold (Author)